Sisu allows you to connect to your data in Databricks.
- Understanding Data & Data Sources in Sisu
- Allowlisting Sisu Static IPs for Data Sources
- Adding & Removing a Restricted Data Source
To connect to Databricks, Sisu requires a minimum level of permissions. This is accomplished through the creation of Roles and Users within the Databricks UI. Please contact email@example.com with any questions for your Databricks setup.
Step 1: Determine Database, Schema and Tables
Sisu accesses the data stored within Databricks to run analysis. To ensure Sisu only has access to the correct data, it is recommended to limit the access to the appropriate database, schema, or specific tables that will be used by Sisu.
Step 2: Create Sisu Role, User, and Warehouse
Sisu recommends creating a role that has access to a single database where the appropriate data has been stored.
Step 3: Add Databricks Data Source in Sisu
To add Databricks as a Data Source in Sisu:
- In the Sisu data library, at the top of the screen, click Data sources page, then click "+ New data source".
- Select “Databricks” from the Select data source dropdown, and fill in the following information as described below.
The hostname of the server (from the Databricks UI)
Port The port of the server (often 15001)
The database name defined in the query.
Token The authentication token for the service account to access Sisu
Location of the data files
How the source will be displayed in Sisu.
Use this option to select the Roles that can access this data.
Check Restrict Access if you want to restrict this data source to specific users.
- Click Add.
|If you experience any issues, please contact Sisu at firstname.lastname@example.org.|