Time Comparison Analyses allow you to compare the change in performance between two time periods.
|Since data analysis is iterative in nature, you can edit and re-run your Analysis configuration at any time. Alternatively, you can copy the Analysis and edit copy instead, to leave your original Analysis configuration intact. Refer to Duplicating and Editing an Analysis
- Understanding Sisu's Analysis Types
- Interpreting a Time Comparison Analysis
- Configuring a Dynamic Time Period
- Tuning an Analyses with Advanced Settings
What is a Time Comparison Analysis?
A Time Comparison Analysis is one of the three analysis types that Sisu performs:
- General Performance
- Time Comparison
- Group Comparison
Using this type of analysis, the data in two different periods of time are compared against each other. Sisu explores all possible combinations of columns across all dimensions in each period of time, describes relevant statistics for each subgroup, and then uses our algorithm to determine which subgroups are statistically significant.
|Statistical significance can be driven from changes in metric calculation, subgroup size, or combination of the two.. For more information, refer to Understanding Core Concepts in Sisu.|
For more details, please refer to Understanding Sisu’s Analysis Types.
Configuring a Time Comparison Analysis
To create and configure a Time Comparison Analysis:
- Ensure that you have either uploaded data to Sisu or have connected to a data source.
Refer to the “Connecting to External Data Sources” articles in the Data Input & Connections section for details on connecting to a data source.
- From the Projects module, select the Project Name you wish to work with.
Refer to Understanding Project & Analysis Hierarchy for more information.
- Select a Metric for your analysis.
Refer to Defining a Metric for details.
- Click "+" to create a new Analysis.
- Select “Rename” from the drop-down menu on the new Analysis and give it a descriptive title.
- In the Compare menu, select Time Periods.
By default, Sisu automatically selects “Last week” as the current period, and the week previous to that as the previous period. However, you can define any two time periods to compare that you want.
Sisu provides commonly used options in the panel on the left. Simply select any option, and Sisu will define the time period fields accordingly, including the visual calendar representation. Note that the current period is displayed in yellow, and the previous period in purple.
You can also use the two drop-down menus at the top to define the current period and the previous period.
Refer to Configuring a Dynamic Time Period for even more flexibility.
- Once your current and previous time periods are defined, select one of the following:
Save and Run
Click to save these settings and run the Analysis immediately if all other settings are complete.
Click to save these settings and return to other Analysis settings without running the analysis yet.
Click to clear your current settings in this modal and start over.
- Optional: Select Custom filter to define any filters you would like to apply to the Analysis, and click Save to save the filter and return to the Analysis settings (or Save and run if all settings are complete).
- When all settings are complete, click Run.
Sisu will process the Analysis and display the results. This example shows a Time Comparison Analysis for the Average Order Value, comparing the month of June compared to the previous month.
If you receive a “Run failed” message, you can click “Show details” to display information about what went wrong. Usually, it’s a problem with the data that can be easily fixed.
Refer to Troubleshooting Common Issues for further assistance.
Refer to Interpreting a Time Comparison Analysis for information on understanding the analysis results.