Sisu allows you to connect to your data in MS SQL Server or Azure Synapse. The instructions are the same for both.
- Understanding Data & Data Sources in Sisu
- Allowlisting Sisu Static IPs for Data Sources
- Adding & Removing a Restricted Data Source
Step 1: Create Access to your MS SQL Server
- Create access to your MS SQL Server.
- Create a username and password for Sisu.
Take note of the following information (you’ll use it in the next steps):
- Your Host or IP address for your SQL Server instance
- Port the port is it listening on
- Database Name - name of the database
Step 2: Add Azure Synapse/SQL Server in Sisu
To add Snowflake as a Data Source in Sisu:
- In the main Sisu menu at the top of the screen, click Data sources page, then click "+ New data source".
- Select “Axure Synapse/SQL Server” from the Select data source dropdown, and fill in the following information as described below.
Your Host or IP address for your SQL Server instance
The Sisu Redshift user’s username from Step 2 (e.g., sisu)
The Sisu Redshift user’s password from Step 2
The name displayed in Sisu.
Check this if you want to restrict this data source to specific users
Check Restrict Access if you want to restrict this data source to specific users.
- Click Add.
If you experience any issues, please contact Sisu at email@example.com.