If the data you want Sisu to use exists in a spreadsheet or CSV file, you can upload it directly to Sisu.
If you later need to update the data with a new spreadsheet or CSV, you can simply re-upload the CSV:
- The existing data in the CSV will not be affected
- New data will be added in the form of a new CSV
Uploading a CSV Data File to Sisu
To upload a CSV file to Sisu:
- Go to: Main Menu > Data tab, then click + New data source and Upload CSV.
The Upload CSV tab will be displayed.
- Drag a CSV file from your local machine onto the dialog, or click Choose file and path to the CSV file on your local machine to upload.
The CSV file will appear in data source in the Data tab called [YOUR ORG NAME]’s CSV Uploads.
- Click on Manage queries to see the loaded tables.
|Sisu currently supports uploading CSV files 500 MB or less in size.
To load a larger file, please send an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will create a secure Box folder for you and upload the file on your behalf.
Troubleshooting File Uploads
If you receive an error message, please check the following:
- Ensure that the file is a UTF-8 encoded CSV file.
- Ensure that the file is less than 500MB.
- Check for improperly escaped characters.
- Check for missing delimiters.
If you continue to receive an error message, open the file in MS Excel to examine the file and then save it as a CSV UTF-8 file type.
|Be careful when opening an existing CSV in MS Excel because this may change the date formatting. The import wizard can be used to ensure date columns stay the same.|
|All CSV files are uploaded into a Snowflake instance called [YOUR ORG NAME]’s CSV Uploads, since Snowflake SQL features/commands are required for queries|