When adding your data source, “Administrator” and “Custom” roles can grant or restrict roles permissions for accessing data sources.
|Users with the “Member” role do not have this ability.|
- Understanding Data & Data Sources in Sisu
- Understanding Roles & Permissions
- All “Connect to…” articles in the Connecting to External Data Sources section
Restricting or Allowing Access to Data Sources
To restrict or allow access to data sources for a Role:
- While adding a new data source (Main Menu > Data tab > + New data source), check the Restrict Access box.
- Select the roles that should have access to the restricted data source.
Administrators have the option to grant access to any restricted data source to any custom role. Custom role members can grant access to the restricted data sources they can already access only to other members of their custom role.
- Click Add to add the custom role(s) to your restricted data source.