1. Once an analysis has been created from a query, it can be edited by selecting the three dots that appear while hovering over the metric name.
2. Clicking on this opens the metric options, the bottom which is Edit main query. Selecting this will open up the specific Metric within the Data tab.
Note- A query that has been used in an analysis can only be altered in one way - adding new columns. Changing column datatypes, renaming columns, or removing columns cannot be performed as long as an active analysis is using the query as its data source. This will be displayed at the bottom of any actively used query, as shown below.
3. After any approved changes are made, a window will appear to confirm which way the query should be saved. They are:
- Save: This will alter the underlying data source of any analysis using it and will require manual alterations to add the new column(s). It can be performed by navigating back to the analysis and selecting the new column(s) within the "Manage Columns" dropdown.
- Save as new: This will save the altered query as a new query that can be used in new analysis. It will not impact any currently running analysis.
- Discard: This will remove any changes that have been made and reset the query back to the original state.