Users can preview and validate tables used for metrics in a variety of ways:
1. If metrics have already been configured, users can choose a metric on the left pane while the right pane will then show all analyses related to that metric. The bottom pane a tab that says Table preview can be seen. Upon clicking this tab, Sisu will preview the first 100 rows in the table configured for the metric.
2. If the metric is defined by a custom SQL query, the bottom pane of the associated analysis will show a tab titled Query preview. Upon clicking this tab, Sisu will preview the first 100 rows which the query returns.
3. To access the SQL modal window to view and edit the query for metrics created by a custom query, click on the ellipses (...) next to metric in the left panel. Choose Edit main query, to access the sql modal. Here you can edit the query or create new queries.
4. Before creating a metric, users may want to preview and investigate data. Sisu provides a sql modal to allow users to view and query data. Go to the Data tab in the left top navigation bar.
5. Select the data source that contains the tables you would like to investigate. This will bring you the sql modal where you can preview tables, validate data by writing sql queries, and create saved custom queries to create metrics.
See more: Editing metric's underlying query